
It's Superbowl Sunday!!! That's where two teams play a game to see who is the best ever. I am pretty sure it is football. Everyone is so excited! Bumper stickers, huge banners, signs everywhere supporting the cardinals. Free food if you wear red. Contests to win tickets. The whole town is painted red. I don't really get it. I don't really get football at all. Men running back and forth throwing a ball around. It makes no sense. Russ has tried to explain it to me so many times, it started on one of our first dates. We were in the basement of the temple, (His dad was working as security at the time) and there was a quilt set up and I went with him to help quilt it. I had never quilted and it took two minutes for him to explain that to me. Then we discussed football, the needles were players, yarn balls were goals, thimbles were the ball...... I didn't get it then and 25 years later I still don't get it! But that does not mean I can't be a good sport. I am making all the food. We won't get home from church till after five so I have to plan ahead. Here is the menu, Meatballs, spinach dip, Nachos, and all the chips you can eat. Now here is the plan, keep their belly's full of junk food and hope they don't notice I am in my bedroom, in bed, watching all the good movies they put on just for me during the game... then come in at the end and pretend that I have been watching the game all along. I have been practicing my lines..."Yea, that was so exciting!!" or maybe "Oh darn, I can't believe they lost, what a bummer." I don't think I'm fooling anyone and my bedroom will probably have more people in it that the big room but...............Go Cardinals!!!



4 comments:
That's my kind of football! (food and chick flicks in the opposite room!)
That wasn't Holli commenting! It was me - Diane! I'm logged in under her! bummer!
I still don't get football either. "2nd down and 20"... what? Brian has tried explaining it so many times.
Maybe if a women invented it, then it would make sense.
Ever after.
Kaila has realized that I basically know all things movie-related, so she turns to me all the time for actor or movie questions. Its funny, but a little depressing at the same time. I need to get a life.
PS, Dads tried to explain football to me like eighty times. I usually end up tuning out and going to find you to see if you want to go to the movies :)
Post a Comment